Hello all you lovely current and future trainees.
I would like to introduce myself. You will see on the About Us page that there is a new addition to the Training Barn… ME!
Emily asked me if I would like to join her and come on board as a associated trainer. Of course, I jumped at this opportunity as I have so much experience and advice to share and secondly, because I run a successful equine photography business. I have created my business from nothing and have some interesting and inspiring stories to share with you all. I have many famous equestrian names under my client list and run a luxury photography experience for each customer.
Please check out my website www.hannahfreelandphotography.co.uk if you would like to know more about me.
I’ve been able to build and bring my business forward because of the support and guidance from Emily and I believe in education and personal growth. Being able to shoot beautiful images is only the start of running a successful equine photography business. You also need to be able to:
- Market your business to the right client
- Be able to decipher who that client is
- Find your voice and talk as an expert
- Come up with marketing and advertising ideas that sets you apart from the crowd
- Know your worth
- Implement a pricing strategy
- Be able to run a successful photo shoot
- Create a wonderful portfolio
- Run a viewing of your images
- Put procedures in place to give your client a luxury service
- Create your USP
- Be able edit your images in a consistant style
- Be able to send images correctly to the labs you choose to work with
- Understanding prints, papers, frames and books
- Picking the products you would like to sell
- Understanding how to sell to clients
- Growing your business
- Keeping on top of your accounts and admin
- Mastering your technology and camera equipment
- Building your brand
Ok, I had to stop at 20 but believe me, I could think of another 100 points to creating and running a successful business and who wants to battle all this on their own? Plus, why not join a group session or tailored session and learn from us who have been there, done it, seen the cracks and can advise how to jump the holes.
I signed up with Emily nearly 9 years ago. I knew how to take the shots, but I needed to perfect them and then learn EVERYTHING else that goes into running this business. I would also like to point out, that I am still constantly learning and adapting. Just in the last month I have re-branded my business to step up a gear, been to lectures, read an educational book and attended an art exhibition to be inspired and continue my personal growth.
I am brimming with ideas and cannot wait to start connecting with you all and seeing you at our training dates which will be released soon.
If you have any ideas on courses that you would like to see, please drop us a line through the Contact Page and we will put them on the list.