By Hannah Freeland
I am sure my Peli 1510 case is unlike most with what is inside…
This is because in the last year I actually took a leap from Canon to Nikon.
Unlike others who have done this, I didn’t sell my Canon kit. So currently in my case is:
Nikon 70-200mm Lens
Canon 5d Mark III with battery grip
Canon 70-200mm Lens
Canon 50mm prime lens
2 x Peli card cases
Spare batteries for both camera bodies
I don’t need to have other lenses with me, as 90% of my shoots require one body, one lens. I have backups because I’m professional and would hate to let a client down and technology can be tedious sometimes.
I used to have a Billingham bag, but again swapped about a year ago to the Peli 1510 case, it makes it so much easier to grab kit and see if anything is missing quickly.
I charge my camera after every use as soon as I am back in the studio and I back up my cards to 3 different locations. I never leave my kit with full cards and low batteries. I make sure that it’s ready to go at a moment’s notice.
I also have a photography basket (anyone who knows me, knows I love a good basket!) In here I have:
- Spider belt
- A spare Mountain Warehouse running top which is what I wear on photo shoots
- Spare socks (because my Mum always told me to have spare socks)
- More spare batteries for my cameras
- Spare shoes – just slip on’s, but these have come in so handy if I end up having a coffee after the shoot and don’t want to wear my shoot boots
- Breakfast bars – I get hungry!
So there we have it, both the Peli case and basket are always prepped and ready to go and they are my travelling buddies!